COUNT BASIE THEATRE ANNOUNCES OPEN REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER CLASSES & CAMPS
(MAY 2, 2017 -RED BANK) – Registration for summer camps, classes and workshops at the Count Basie Theatre’s Performing Arts Academy are now open at theBASIE.org/education or by calling 732-224-8778 x 125.
New this summer are experiences in do-it-yourself documentary making for teens and adults, digital music composition, recording arts and full-on productions of The Wizard Of Oz and famed children’s opera Brundibar.
Classes run throughout July and August, with weekly, week-long and month-long sessions available. One-day workshops will also be held, with experiences influenced by movies like Trolls and television shows like PJ Masks. A full listing of classes is located at theBASIE.org/education.
Highlight summer offerings include:
- July 10-14 rock band camp with the Basie’s Rockit! Live Academy;
- July 24-28 Jazz Arts Academy summer camp;
- Month-long vocal camp with famed LA Opera director Eli Villanueva and Basie / Grunin Center (Ocean County College) stage performances of Brundibar;
- Private and group digital music composition classes;
- Singing fundamentals camp and private, one-on-one vocal lessons with Broadway vet Deb Lyons;
- Week-long theater camps set to Beauty And The Beast, Charlotte’s Web and Annie;
- Month-long junior production of The Wizard Of Oz;
- Classes in acting / singing for stage and screen, musical theater, recording, accents and dialects,
Programs at the Basie’s Academy, founded in 2001 with tens of thousands of students ever since, are famous for producing several Broadway performers, as well as musicians Charlie Puth and The Voice finalist Jacquie Lee. For more information, visit theBASIE.org/education, or call 732-224-8778 x 125.